Wednesday 19 November 2008

Speaker of the week - Neil Infield, Manager, The British Library

Neil Infield - BL - 20073.jpg
Neil Infield, Manager, The British Library, Neil is a track keynote speaker on day one of the conference.
Day 1: Track 3 - ROIP (Return on information professionals) or RIP (rest in peace). Neil will speak specifically on 'Moving from readers to customers and clients in the business and IP Centre at The British Library'
Q: Which are the most important topics, for you personally, due to be discussed at the Online Information Conference 2008 and why?
Neil:
I am interested in practical applications of Web 2.0 technologies. Something we are experimenting with in the Business & IP Centre.
Q: Apart from your own, which tracks would you recommend to delegates attending the conference?
Neil:
I always find Mary Ellen Bates informative, challenging and entertaining.
Q: What are you looking forward to most about participating in Online Information 2008?
Neil:
A great networking opportunity with old and hopefully new contacts.
Q: If you had to choose only one - which social network would you recommend to colleagues?
Neil:
Facebook is great for keeping up with friends and family. I have found blogging to be slowly addictive (although I'm not sure my readers would agree).
Q: And finally, just out of interest - where are you planning to spend Christmas this year?
Neil:
I used to go skiing religiously, but after several years of terrible snow conditions I plan to stay at home and probably have to cut my winter grown lawn between rain showers.
About Neil Infield
I am the Manager of the British Library's Business & IP Centre. Until 2005 I was manager of Business Information Services (BIS) at Hermes Pensions Management (the principal fund manager for the British Telecom and Post Office pensions schemes). During my time at Hermes I developed the BIS far beyond its traditional library services. I have been active in SLA Europe for over 15 years. Having previously been President, I now edit their newsletter and manage the website.
Neil's Blog .. http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/inthroughtheoutfield
For more information, or to view the conference programme in full, please visit:
www.online-information.co.uk/conference

No comments:

Post a Comment