Wednesday 29 November 2006

David Tebbutt on OPML

"Its a complete mine field, its not the best document area. OPML comes from all sorts of sources, mind mappers, organisers, these squirt out OPML.
"OPML is a plain text file of, Outline Processor Markup Language, you can see its an outline, its based on RSS. You can output links to HTML pages, text, RSS, there is also a feature called Incluide that allows you to include other OPML files.
"What can you do with OPML, you can share outlines, bookmarks, subscription lists and reading lists. I'd hate to share my bookmarks with anyone, there are yards and yards of them! You can use it as a super aggreagtor so everything I want to see is in one lujmp. Becasue it is RSS you can receive continual updates and it is a one stop shop for your world of information.
Our man then goes into the main OPML tools that he uses.
"Grazer is my favourite way of looking at information. I have a file, who I watch and there are a list of blogs form lots ofr clever people. Megite is another way sharing feeds and it tells me other feeds that may be of interest to me."

1 comment:

  1. I probably said it's based on XML. Maybe I just talk too fast...

    ReplyDelete